Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Ruger LCP

I recently bought a Ruger LCP. Normally wouldn't buy a pistol like this, but I was hanging out with Pete over at Huey's Gunsight and he planted the seed.




He had just bought a S&W AR-15 and I was helping him install a sling attachment plate to it. He and I were talking and he pulled out his concealed carry piece. It was a Kel-Tec P3-AT. I was surprised at how small it was! He popped out the mag, cleared the gun and handed it over to me.

At first I couldn't get over the size. How could a gun this small be so comfortable in your hand? While I was checking it out, he was telling me that the Ruger LCP was a clone of the P-3AT but the Ruger was more polished and refined.

I did some research on the Kel-Tec and the Ruger, and decided that I was going buy one, but spend the extra cash on a Ruger. Granted, they are more or less the same gun, but I didn't care for the finish of the Kel-Tec. Also, the over molding in some places on the pistol grip itself was a bit unsightly. You can easily sand it off, but I didn't want to go through the trouble.

I haven't had a chance to take it to the range yet, but everything I have read and seen about it tells me that I'm not going to be disappointed.

Here are more pics for your viewing plesure!







1 comment:

  1. hey, those bullets look familiar....once again nice gun, it'll be nicer after you get that CCW and can carry it around

    ReplyDelete